Quarantine Journal #1

Prompt: What does your neighborhood look like? Are people walking around?

My neighborhood has always been quiet. There aren’t many families with young children, most
of them are grown. I never usually see children running around the cul de sac on Saturday
afternoons or selling lemonade on the side of the sidewalk, instead people walk their dogs and
park their cars on the side of the road. But in these few days, my neighborhood has been
completely bare. I haven’t seen a single dog walker, jogger, or occasional biker. When I went out
to help my mom bring in groceries, I didn't see a single car on the street. It’s so quiet. I haven’t
left my house since Sunday when my brother and I went to get ice cream at the ice cream shop
across the street from my house. Nobody was sitting in the ice cream shop, the only person there
was the manager and all the chairs were stacked in the corner. When we got our ice cream we
had to walk home before we could enjoy our desserts. I had plans to visit universities over spring
break but now my trip is canceled. My brother came home from college and it’s nice to see him
again, but it’s exhausting when we aren’t allowed to go to the movie theater to see the newest
Disney film. But I suppose it’s for the best.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quarantine Journal #3

Money vs. Morals