Quarantine Journal #3

Prompt: What was the best thing you ate today? Are you and your family eating different kinds of food? Are you purposely eating “old favorites”?

The best thing I ate today was an omelette. Breakfast is one of my favorite meals to cook and typically I like to make omelettes. To start, I took two eggs and separated the whites from the yolks and placed them in two different bowls. Then, I took my hand mixer and whipped my egg whites until stiff peaks formed—this makes the omelet super light and fluffy. Then I took my separate yolks and beat them, with my hand mixer, until they were smooth. I poured my yolk mixture into my egg whites and gently folded the egg whites over the yolks until combined. I put my stove on low heat and put half a tablespoon of butter in a pan. Once the butter melted, I put a handle full of bacon bits into the pan and cooked them until they were crispy. When finished, I added my bacon to the bowl and folded them into my egg mixture. Then, I put another half tablespoon of butter in the pan and poured my mixture in. I put a lid over it and let it sit for five minutes. After five minutes, I used my spatula to flip the omelette over and let the other side cook for two minutes. When both sides were thoroughly cooked, I sprinkled shredded cheese on one half of the omelette and folded the other half on top. I turned the heat off and put the lid back on until the cheese melted. I slid my omelette onto a plate and seasoned it with tabasco. Over this long break I have found myself experimenting more and more with everyday dishes that I like to make. I’ve started adding eggs in my ramen and whipping my egg whites to make fluffy Omelettes. My family has also been making lots of sweets. Almost three times a week we make brownies and sometimes we make milkshakes. My mom has also been experimenting with new dinner recipes. 

Comments

  1. I like the step by step guide to your omelette. And love the added bacon. Do you find yourself making more omlettes in quarantine? Do you find you have a less rushed morning routine?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad that you liked my recipe! I do find myself making more omelettes lately. I have tried so many different types like egg white omelettes and traditional omelettes. Now that I don't have to wake up at 7:00 and be at school at 8:00 everyday I find myself with so much time in the morning. I've decided to put this extra time that I have in my schedule towards other things as well like self care. since I don't have school consuming all my time, I can spend time practicing a healthy diet and exercising regularly.

      Delete
  2. I’ve also been making a lot of eggs for breakfast because I find that it’s a very versatile food. You use the exact same ingredient, but can make tons of different dishes that all taste different from one another. Do you think you’ll end up trying different ingredients for the inside of your omelette? This is a great time to experiment with food!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Money vs. Morals