Quarantine Journal #6

Prompt: How have your thoughts about the future (immediate or distant) changed?

My plans of the future have changed a lot. Maybe not so much the distant future, but my plans for the next year or two have changed completely. My plans for having a relaxing and social summer may not come into action. I may not be able to work over the summer. I may have to start my senior year of high school online. I may not be able to return to school at all. I used to dread going to school and dream for school to be canceled, but staying home all day is not as fun as I thought. Online school is stressful and it changed my thoughts about school and going to school in the future. My life after high school may also be affected. I may not be able to take the ACT another time, take part in as many extracurriculars, or play sports. Although these changes seem bad they could change my future for the better. College acceptance for the class of 2025 may be easier than in past years, and I may have the opportunity to be accepted to a school that I otherwise wouldn’t be able to attend. My grades won't be able to drop this semester meaning I could have a better GPA than I would have received. I have realized that my thoughts about my future have always been expectations but now I think they are opportunities. I thought that going to school and talking to friends were expectations, and they were things that I would get to do everyday. But now I see these thoughts of my future as opportunities to get better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quarantine Journal #3

Money vs. Morals